Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Carmel's Local Heroine, Tracy Hydorn

Local maverick, and Carmel High School skateboarding legend,Tracy Hydorn, became an in impromptu sidewalk activist last week when she was accosted by a group of imported extremist homophobics masquerading as Narnia-nerds, in the center of Carmel. As a result of this profane protest, CS Lewis turned over twice in his tomb. Surely, his faith was not the same as that malignant affliction that these cape-clad ogres and apostles of hate suffer from.

I was likewise accosted two days later, by a couple of haters-in-making, at my front door, after rousing me from a snippet of ever-more-valuable, and ever-more-rare, satisfying slumber. These neophytes were younger than my car, and had a prop-baby in tow, telling me how marriage to my RDP would require that their "son" be taught in school that Gay Marriage is "OK". What a shitty way to start the day. I tried to engage them in a reasoned discussion of the facts, but they would have neither, and stormed off with sickeningly saccharine smiles of false con-damnation on their faces.

Imagine using kids as props to deny people their civil rights - I'd use them to deny those that voted for Bush twice, the right to vote in this year's general.

I guess this means I have to now forgive Tracy for standing me up for the Prom in 1976...nah, maybe next time, I like holding a grudge.

http://www.noonprop8.com

No comments: